...from a BookLover

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Have a cup of Tea


I do love my cuppa tea! I find that however bad life gets - a cup of tea will always help a little or a lot. Boiling water, choosing the flavour and the simple act of making a cup of tea helps. Holding the warm cup in my hands, smelling the lovely scents and watching the haze of the steam - that helps even more. Everything just makes perfect sense for a couple of precious moments. Sometimes those moments are all I need to find my balance again.

Sometimes a cup of tea is needed to solve mysteries. At least, thats what Mma Ramotswe swears by. She is the female detective in Alexander McCall Smith's books about "The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency" in Botswana. Mma Ramotswe solves mysteries by thinking, noticing details, driving about asking questions and simply sitting outside her office with a cup of Rooibos tea. She is such a wise and kind lady - you instantly care about her. The books are filled with gentle humour and surprising stories. 

You get to know Africa a little bit better just by reading them. I have pinned a needle to Gaborone, Botswana. I hope to visit the town and see it for myself. Perhaps even sit on a porch somewhere there and drink a cup of Rooibos tea.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...